Thursday, May 29, 2008

Who'd have thought?

I feel strong! This is in large part thanks to Kayle and the rest of the kwifflebee-ers. I've been playing frisbee with them for the last few weeks on Tuesdays and rock-climbing on Wednesdays. I've always had a tortured relationship to exercise. I love playing games and running around with people but I get way too bored trying to do it by myself. Attempting to jog, I quit when I get tired; playing frisbee, I will keep going despite blisters on my feet and cramps in my legs. And I love it! Last night, climbing, I flashed a route that at first I thought would be too hard for me (it was rated 5.8+). Even Kayle (with all his extra height and wingspan) had some trouble with it. I felt like I could do anything! I don't know what will happen once the school year starts and I'm busy again, but for the summer, I'm going to keep running around as much as I can.

Sidenote: Lest you all think I was joking about being a bluegrass rockstar, I'm still writing, still composing, still making up songs in my head on the way home from the bus-stop!

No comments: